Anesthesia Update for the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Day 2
7:30 AM-12:00 PM
Valencia Ballroom W415D (Orange County Convention Center)
Stuart E. Lieblich DMD
Avon, CT, USA
This program will provide an update on anesthesia and related topics relevant to the safe and efficient administration of ambulatory anesthesia by the oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Topics include specific techniques, airway management, and updates on evaluation and assessment of patients with specific conditions for sedation procedures. Simulated anesthesia-related emergencies will be presented and managed in real time with audience participation. Panel discussions for management of challenging case scenarios will be presented.
- Discuss the indications and contraindications for administration of oral conscious sedation;
- Discuss efficacy, potential complications and side effects of agents commonly used in oral conscious sedation techniques;
- Describe the elements of cardiac, and laboratory assessment relevant to the pre-operative evaluation of patients;
- Discuss the impact of obesity on patient management and systems pathology as it relates to the administration of general anesthesia;
- List and describe common anesthesia emergencies and effective treatment options; and
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various airway adjuncts in the administration of anesthesia and the management of anesthesia- related emergencies.