Symposium on Drug Shortages: Reasons and Recommendations
1:30 PM-4:00 PM
Ballroom 20A (San Diego Convention Center)
Symposium on Drug Shortages: Reasons and RecommendationsThis is a non-ticketed session.
Eric Geist DDS
Monroe, LA, USA
This symposium will explore reasons for the continuing shortage of injectable anesthetic agents used in OMS practice from the perspectives of a manufacturer of generic sterile injectables and the FDA; possible statutory and regulatory options to solve the shortages; and suggest practice options for the OMS.
- Identify factors that contribute to the ongoing drug shortages
- Access timely information on the availability status of individual drugs
- Describe AAOMS’ involvement in activities directed to alleviating current and future drug shortages
- Develop a plan to optimize the use of limited supplies through implementation of sparing strategies
- Select alternative drug regimens commensurate with the participant’s knowledge